Monday, May 2, 2011

Introduction

Greetings and thanks for stopping by!

I've always wanted to give blogging a try but never really had much to say.  I finally decided to start penning (or typing) about my new favorite hobby-geocaching.

For folks who aren't familiar with geocaching, let me try to give you an idea of what it's all about.  Basically you are treasure hunting with the help of a hand held GPS. The basic tools you need for this hobby are a handheld GPS and something to write with.  The "treasures" are located by searching a for set of GPS coordinates.  Once you load the coordinates into your GPS, the hunt begins.  You could be looking for a container ranging in size from a dime to a five gallon bucket.  The contents of the containers also differ.  The smaller ones usually contain just a log where you sign your name and the larger ones can contain trinkets or items for you to take.  It's proper etiquette to leave something if you find something to take.  And that's about it! 

Geocaching has helped me to explore my own area as well as the different places I have traveled to.  One of the best things about this hobby is the breathtaking sights you will behold.  It is my intention to describe my experiences and also show them to you with photos I take along the way. 

If you are interested in geocaching or would like to start your own hunting adventures, head on over to www.geocaching.com and create an account.  It's simple and easy!  Please feel free to leave comments about your own experiences or questions about anything you see here.  I look forward to sharing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment