Sunday, July 24, 2011

Battleship: Bangor-Final

On Wednesday, my husband and I planned an early anniversary celebration since we both had to work on our actual anniversary.  We each chose a place to eat and a couple of activities to do.  I'm sure it won't surprise you to know that I chose geocaching as one of the day's events.  Really all I wanted to do was to finish the Battleship series I had started a couple weeks prior but we actually ended up doing six that day.

Armed with both the GPS and the c:geo app for my phone, we trekked into the woods looking for the cache that had previously alluded me.  Both devices led us to within six feet of each other and that's when we began the search.  We went in opposite directions, walking in somewhat of a circle.  We lifted logs and rocks, finding more bugs than anything else.  Thankfully there weren't any bugs to make the hunt any more frustrating than it already was. 

After about fifteen minutes with no luck, we widened our search.  Brad reminded me that because of the container we were looking for, it would have to be hidden in or under something fairly large.  It wasn't long after hearing his advice when, lo and behold, I found it!  Brad came running over to help me remove the container from its very clever hiding place. 


The contents of the cache were pretty decent and in good shape.  We ended up taking a Marvel Superheroes race car and left a Matchbox shaped ice pack.  Brad was impressed with the amount of time and effort that the owner of the cache put into this hide.  He's now trying to think of a series of his own to put out :)



4 comments:

  1. Happy you were able to complete this series :)Hope you guys had a Happy Anniversary! When I did the final cache, Masterson had found it right before me and made a fake pile of rocks right near the actual cache to throw me off :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha I love the fake pile of rocks comment, a decoy, very clever.
    Happy Anniversary guys! Great to see "geocaching" made your things to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you finished the series and that you got to do it as part of a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy this blog makes me want to get back into geocaching; I'll have to add you to my nearbybloggers list!

    ReplyDelete